Five For Friday Fun!

It's that wonderful time of the week...FRIDAY! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week. Hope you will stop on by and link up too!
                                fiveforfriday
First, I want to send love and support to all those who are in Boston and Texas! I can't even begin to imagine all they are going through. Our hearts go out to all of you!

                                     
1. My week has been filled with State Testing. We completed Language Arts this week! Next week, we will conquer math! All my kids have shown up every day so far!!! That means...NO MAKE UP testing and an ice cream party is in their future if they keep it up! Yipee!!



2. We started getting ready for Earth Day with a little poetry about recycling. We also make these adorable frogs from my Recycling Frog Glyph packet. It was a great way to have some fun after all our testing.

3. We finally got around to making our prefix and suffix bubblicious boys and girls from my Bubblicious Fun packet. (You can see my original post HERE.)We were going to make these last week, but my incredible student teacher was having an observation this week, so we waited so she could teach this lesson. Check out the little girl with the black braids. That student picked a word with a prefix AND suffix to make the word- uneatable! Someone got the concept!!!

4. My own two boys got up close and personal with this beautiful guy last weekend. I told them not to make him mad, or he might spit on them !:)


5. I just finished and posted my latest packet to help teach different types of reference materials. My kids always have trouble knowing what an encyclopedia is (because they don't use them any more) and the differences between a dictionary and thesaurus. Our district and state tests always have questions about reference materials, so I needed a fun way to review and reinforce it before testing. They seemed to really be engaged and the activities helped them a TON!

 Make sure to stop by tomorrow to check out my Product Swap post with products from my sweet blogging friend, Aimee from Primarily Speaking! You don't want to miss it! Have a great weekend!



9 comments :

  1. No make up test is always a good thing!
    Happy Weekend :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bubblicious fun pack looks adorable! It's on my wish list right now!! :) Hooray for no makeups!! That totally rocks!!! :) Have a great weekend!

    Katie:)
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those frogs are so cute! Glad the tests are going well.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your craftivities turned out super cute! I especially love those cute little frogs!! Make up testing is a pain! It never fails, I always have one gone; but, we don't do high stakes testing so maybe they figure it doesn't matter. Anyhoo, I hope you are able to have that ice cream party!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the Bubblicious Fun Unit. We are working on prefixes and suffixes now. Such a cute idea!!! -Kristi

    Lucky in Learning

    ReplyDelete