Monday Made It-Behavior Chart

Yeah, baby! It's time to link up for Monday Made It! I have been working on TONS of items for my classroom this week. The first item I finished this week was my classroom behavior clip chart. I had one last year, but of course I needed to update it with a new and improved version.
 I don't have very much space in my classroom to display things, so I need to get creative. This is on the side of one of my filing cabinets. I use 2 magnetic hooks at the top of the chart to hang it on the side. The clips, on the side of the chart, have my student numbers on them to keep it as anonymous as possible.

Here is what I did to make my chart last the whole year:
First, print and cut out the behavior chart. Click HERE to grab your copy. Then make sure to glue each colored behavior on to plain colored paper. This provides a frame and extra reinforcement. 

Next, glue each section onto poster board or thick chart paper. I left space, at the top of each column, on purpose. You need the space at the top to attach the clips to it. You also need space at the top of the second column, so you can glue it to the first column (did that make sense?) Make sure not to leave any space in between each colored behavior. It should look something like this:

Then, carefully cut each colored column out, so that you have two columns only. Place glue on the white space above the yellow "Think About It" section. Carefully line up the green "Ready to Learn" card directly on top of the glue.

I took my completed behavior chart to Lakeshore to laminate for even more reinforcement. Note: When you cut the chart out from the lamination, it may not seal completely because of the thickness. I took clear packing tape and used it around the edges of the chart for durability. Remember, this chart is going to be used every day in your class. You want it to last! 

I hope these tips and tricks help you make your own behavior chart for your classroom. I would love to hear how you make your charts durable in your class. Make sure to link up with Monday Made It and share your creativity! Have a great week!




4 comments :

  1. I came to check out your behavior chart! It looks great! So ready to get in my room and get it hung up! :)
    Mrs. Black's Bees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love how bright the colors are!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I glued mine to posterboard and then laminated, so similar ideas ;)

    I love the colors!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you are displaying your clip chart. I also have very limited wall space in my classroom, so I am going to have to steal this idea! Thank you for sharing!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete