Five For Friday {February 13, 2015}

We have had a fun filled week in second grade! There is so much to share. It is only fitting that I link up with Doddle Bugs Teaching this week.
Love Bots! 
These adorable little guys are from the amazing Aimee at Primarily Speaking! The kids LOVED making their Love Bots! They all are unbelievable adorable in our classroom. 
Today, I gave each of my kiddos a copy of Marlene, Marlene Queen of Mean for Valentine's Day. My sweet SIL made this happen for my class. They kids were so excited to get the books, so we had a spontaneous class read aloud! They also each made a Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher that their pen pals sent them to celebrate their love of friendship! Too stinkin' cute!


We got ready for Presidents' Day by reading Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers by Karen Winnick, 
Then, the kids wrote an opinion piece about whether or not Lincoln should have a beard and made these little Lincolns. This activity plus many more can be found in my Patriotic Presidents' Day pack

We also started our geometry unit. We discussed the difference between plane and solid shapes. We learned about vertices, edges, and faces. Then we compared and classified our shapes on our posters. This adorable activity is from the very talented Linda Kamp!
Finally, don't forget to enter this amazing giveaway my blogging buddy, Aris from Sailing Into Second, and I are hosting. We each are giving away a copy of our popular Map Units to a lucky winner. There are only a couple to days left to enter. Don't miss out!


Hope you all had a fantastic week! Head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link up!



3 comments :

  1. We made lovebots today too! Yours turned out super cute! What a nice idea to give your students a book- something your kiddos can keep, not eat! I LOVE your Abes Jaime! If you spill coffee on your beard...what a riot these must have been to read! Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a great week you had! I love the sunglasses on the boy love bot. Haha! Thank you so much for the shout out! That book looks so cute, I can't wait to check it out!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Love-bots! Will try something similar next week! I'm your newest follower!

    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete